- Nominations shall be accepted from the SPIA Asia judging panel, federation, association, company, agency, agents, team and/or individual representing the sportsman-nominee
- The Awards Committee shall select from the nominations which shall then conduct committee voting on the bases of set criteria.
- The sportsman-nominee must have officially represented any of the Asian countries and had exemplary campaigns or performance in national/regional/international sporting competitions during the eligibility period.
- International ranking, performance in international competitions such as World championships, Asian Championships, Award recognitions from international and national federations and others are likewise considered in the evaluation.
- Athlete may not be involved in or being liked to any doping, or un-sportsman like conduct in the past
- Judges shall also make reference to the nominee’s commercial and media value and sports rankings released by the respective federation, organizations and/or other credible bodies
- Demonstrate a key moment, impact or achievement, significant in 2018/19 to be considered as a Top 10 contender for SPIA Asia 2019